Scale and Clean
Scale and Clean
Achieve Healthier Teeth and Gums with our Scale and Clean
Dental Problems That a Scale and Clean Can Address
We Offer A Range Of Payment Options at Timberlands Dental Clinic
Why Choose Us
Timberlands Dental Clinic
Exceptional Patient Care
Exceptional Patient Care by Experienced Dentists
Same-Day Restorative Procedures
Quick and Easy Health Fund Claims and Flexible Payment Options
New and Modern State-of-the-Art Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions about Scale and Clean
It is generally recommended that patients get a scale and clean every six months. However, if you have gum disease, this may be more frequent.
Depending on your needs, your dentist might suggest a different schedule. Consult with your dentists to develop a dental care plan that’s right for you.
A scale and clean can:
- Help remove plaque and tartar buildup on your teeth.
- Prevent future gum disease, cavities, and tooth loss.
- Improve the overall appearance of your smile.
- Keep your breath fresh.
Your dentist will take the following steps:
- Evaluate your mouth and oral health during the examination appointment.
- Remove plaque, tartar, and stains on teeth with an ultrasonic scale device.
- Polish your teeth to give them a shiny appearance.
- Apply fluoride to your tooth surface to strengthen them.
If you don’t get your teeth cleaned, you may experience the following problems:
- Gum disease
- Bad breath
- Tooth decay
- Tooth loss and extraction
It is essential to practise good oral hygiene habits after your procedure. This means doing the following:
- Brushing twice a day with fluoride-containing toothpaste
- Flossing and using mouthwash daily
- Avoiding sugary foods and drinks
- Visiting your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings
The standard cost of a scale and clean with fluoride treatments for patients ranges from $110 to $200. However, actual costs may vary depending on your dental treatment and if you have private health insurance coverage. If you want a more accurate cost of your scale and clean, visit Timberlands Dental Clinic for a check up and clean. Additionally, be sure to check with your health fund provider to know if your policy fully or partially covers the cost of your scale and clean.