We will Brighten Up Your Smile with Our Teeth Whitening Service
How We Can Help
Dental Problems That Teeth Whitening Can Address
We Accept A Range Of Payment Options At Timberlands Dental Clinic
Why Choose Us
Timberlands Dental Clinic
Exceptional Patient Care
Exceptional Patient Care by Experienced Dentists
Same-Day Restorative Procedures
Quick and Easy Health Fund Claims and Flexible Payment Options
New and Modern State-of-the-Art Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions about
In-chair teeth whitening sessions usually last between 60 and 90 minutes. Depending on your desired shade, more than one session may be necessary.
During in-chair teeth whitening, your dentist performs the teeth whitening procedure while you sit in the dentist’s chair. The procedure is also known as “in-office teeth whitening” since it is performed in the dental office. On the other hand, at-home teeth whitening kits consist of custom-made trays and whitening gel prepared by your dentist. You use the kit at home under the supervision of your dentist and according to their instructions.
In-chair teeth whitening is the faster option, and you’ll see results after just one session. The main advantage of in-office whitening is that it’s much quicker than at-home treatment. You can expect to see results after just one session. A take-home teeth whitening kit may be a better option for you if you’re busy and looking for a more convenient option. The process can be done at home in your own time. With take-home whitening, however, you’ll need to use the kit for a few weeks before seeing results.
When you have had teeth whitening, it is recommended you avoid the following:
- Dark-coloured drinks and sauces, such as red wine, tea, coffee, tomato sauce, and soy sauce, should be avoided. This will help prevent restains and make your whitened teeth last longer.
- Keep acidic foods and drinks away from your diet, such as citrus fruits and pickled foods. During the bleaching process, your enamel is slightly weakened. Your enamel may be further weakened by acidic foods, causing your teeth to be more sensitive to hot and cold foods.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks like cakes, candies, and sodas to prevent tooth irritation and staining caused by decay-causing bacteria.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your whiter smile for a long time:
- Follow your dentist’s aftercare instructions to maintain your results.
- Continue to practise good oral health habits like regular brushing and flossing. This will help prevent plaque buildup and keep your teeth looking bright.
- Avoid stain-causing foods and beverages like tea, coffee, and berries. If you do consume these items, be sure to brush or rinse your mouth afterwards.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular dental check-ups and cleanings. This will help remove any tooth surface stains and keep your teeth looking sparkling clean.
- Do not smoke, as tobacco can quickly stain your teeth again.